Saturday, June 12, 2010

Learning and Living the Gospel

• Prepare a pedigree chart with your name and your parents’ and grandparents’ names. Prepare a family group record for your family and share a family story. Discuss how performing temple work blesses families. 



I already prepared a pedigree chart online - as I do love Family History, Both my Mum and Grandad have done Family History for a long time. I would like to compile a book of somes sorts of our family stories. Such as the time when one summer we were travelling as a family it was sooo hot and hungry. My Grandma saw this and demanded my Grandad stop the car to stop and eat. As I mentioned before the Sun was scorching hot and the bonnet of the car became the perfect place to crack open some eggs and in Grandmas arm she carved off a slab of bread from a loaf. "Im not letting the bairnes go hungry" she would yell at my Grandad who Im sure just like us would of been amazed at the sight. She cared enough for us all to do this on a moments notice. 




I love my family and was able to do some temple work for my Great Auntie Elsie - we were very alike she loves sparkly things so do I, She loves animals so do I. She loved chocolate...soooo did I. I only met her a couple times but I really liked the visits. She was bound to her bed with cancer. The Doctors said she was riddled by it. She never complained when I saw her, I just wondered in awe why she had her bed in her living room. My Mum later explained. I felt so sad for her but Elsie never let on she was in pain or grumbled about it, as she has every right to. I dont remember her friend or neighbour who helped her out but I know she cared alot. They cared alot for each other. Auntie Elsie saw me in the corner watching Farthing Wood Friends an absolute favourite of mine as a child. She hummed along to the tune and admitted she loved it too. Followed by prompting me to grab a bag of maltesers from her "secret stash" from the bottom of her fridge. She gave me a piece of her aurora borealis jewellery which glittered in the light. I loved her from that time I met her and was keen to do the work for her.


I was able to act in her behalf to help her progress on her eternal journey and was so thankful for that experience. What a lovely time to reflect on her journey in life. She was a hero for someone to endure through her trials she would probably not be happy I am speaking of her like this as she was humble. I am proud to be related to her truly. Temple work blesses families because it unites us and binds us together eternally. We are able to be unselfish in doing this work for them. We are fulfilling Gods purposes but my final comments to leave are. If you loved someone you would want them with you forever? The temple does this it keeps us together, no one to break apart. Im really thankful for these beautiful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment