Saturday, June 12, 2010

Learning and Living the Gospel

• Learn to sing “Choose the Right” (Hymns, no. 239). Explain what agency is and what it means to be responsible for your choices. Discuss how making good choices has helped you develop greater faith.



I learned Choose the right when I was very young and even though it wasnt one of my absolute favourites I did love the words. Simply said 


Theres a right way to live and be happy
It is choosing the right everyday
I am learning the teachings of Jesus
They will help me and show me the way
Choose the right way and be happy, I must always choose the right


Through the Gospel I learn to be prayerful
To have faith, to repent, to obey
And I know if I live by his teachings
I will truly be happy each day
Choose the right way and be happy, I must always choose the right


Arnt they such beautiful words? To truly be happy is to choose the right. I learned from the topics and scriptures this teaches about CHOICE - COMMANDMENTS - HAPPINESS - OBEDIENCE.

I have found myself through obedience to Gods Laws that I have been closer to him and indeed closer with the Holy Ghost. I notice in the song it mentions about "to have faith, to repent, to obey" they are the priciples of the gospel we need to follow that we are taught. These are constants if we truly want to be happy in life. 


Agency is having the choice between wrong and right, good and evil. We have the CHOICE to do as we please. Heavenly Father does not force us to follow him, he wants us to be he would never make the choices for us as then he would be a hypocrite and wouldnt fulfill his eternal purposes for us. We are on this earth to gain a body to experience all this life has to offer. We have to make choices with or without Gods help and follow the path we have chosen. All choices have CONSEQUENCES and if we make a bad choice a ba consequence will follow. Same thing happens with obedience and using your agency for good choices. You gain blessings a righteous consequence.  


We need to be responsible for our choices by realising the Lords plan for us. Will the choice we make help us to reach our Heavenly Home? Will the Lord be pleased with our choice? Heavenly Father has set his Laws the commandments so we have a guideline - we still choose the do them or not. By OBEDIENCE and love of the Lord if we follow the commandments this brings us closer to the Holy Ghost and to our Saviour. Which in turn will being us true HAPPINESS.


Making good choices has brought me greater faith as I have had to trust in the Lord - he has guided my paths. I know he always wants to reach out his hand to us and help us. I know this closeness has come from being obedient and I have been much happier since trying to live closer to him. My faith has developed when I have made good choices as the spirit works more freely within me I feel the truthfulness of the Gospel more. I am more focussed and I am more in tune with the path of my life I need to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment