Thursday, May 13, 2010

Serving Others

• Make a list of the qualities you like in a person. Choose one quality to develop in yourself. Discuss how showing respect and kindness strengthens you, your family, and others. 

Thinking of people in my life who have been good examples to me I wrote a list down of their qualities I remember struggling with this one as a child but now I have no reservations of the qualtities I admire. Ok first I will do the second part. How showing respect and kindness strengthens you, your family, and others. Well I thought firstly that respect and kindness bring love and your more likely to have better relationships because there is that love and trust there. I know from these people in my life that I have felt the spirit more with them arround what they speak about and what they do builds my testimony of the Gospel. I know when I have been more thoughtful of people it usually promotes a better atmosphere and little acts of service help out each other. I think that this goal is trying to get us look inward and simple to be more UNSELFISH - how do you do that by SERVING OTHERS. (discussed this with my Husband and he agreed)

Right so down to my list the things I admire most. 

Kindness no matter what
Non judgemental
Keeps confidences 
Doesnt gossip
Unselfish
Smiles/positive
Helpful but not pushy
Serves others
Seeks no praise/Humble
Respectful/Reverant
Supportive of all you do
Interested in you
Shows love in action not words

Oh Im sure theres million more. I always said to my best mate that I wish I was more like him and thats because I am selfish alot. I dont mind admitting it because I think we all can be on some level. I know I need to work on that and I have noticed in my personal relationships that selfishness causes problems and arguments. So I want to be more UNSELFISH so thats the quality Im going to try and live. Wish me luck!!

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment